Friday, June 21, 2013

ITR-2 Compile Error in hidden module: Module 1 has been resolved

Couple of days back I was trying to file the india income tax return for AY 2013-2014.
During that time, I encountered "Compile Error in hidden module: Module 1".
The same has been resolved. Not sure whether this will help you. Just thought of 
explaining the same here.

1) To start with, I went to https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/ and downloaded the
ITR-2 xls file into my MAC.

2) Opened the same using Excel 2004 for Mac. Somehow the buttons inside the
xl sheet didn't work for me. (Macros enabled)

3) Then I went to a browsing centre and downloaded the ITR-2 form and opened the
same using Excel 2007. This time the buttons were working with "compile error..."

4) I went ahead and filled in all the required values and sent the xls file to 
efilinghelpdesk@incometaxindia.gov.in explaining my problem.

5) They replied and asked me to go through this link  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307410 
and resolve the issue. I tried the same, it didn't work for me.

6) Then, I sent the xls file to my mail id and went to a different browsing centre

7) Opened the xls file using Excel 2007, somehow the "save XML" button worked for me here.

8) I was able to upload the xml and get my ITR-V

No comments: